6.20.2012

Pretzel Butterscotch Blondies


 I've been feeling a little poopy this week and we're going to Victoria Falls on Friday… So I really didn't think I'd get to baking this week. 

But luckily today when I woke up I felt geeeeeeeeeeer-eat {name that commercial} and went for a nice walk. 

Stupid dogs. Seriously! People don't think it's a little dumb to just leave their gate wide open so there dogs can scare the bee-gee-bies out of a cute little pedestrian like me? 
Goodness gracious. 


Anyways. Like I was saying I felt better today so I figured why the heck not bake something?

 I've had 2 bags of butterscotch chips in my baking cupboard for at least a month or two since we got our first care package… I think I got so used to not having any, I had no idea what to do with them. But like always, sweet and salty goes together like… Peanut butter and jelly? 

So why not throw some pretzels in the batter and BOOM! A delicious bar cookie was born. THE BEST bar cookie actually. You're very welcome. 

I suggest making these right now and anyone who sinks their pearly whites into them will love you forever… I kid you not. Do I kid? Noooooooooooooooooooo. 


These bars were so soft and fluffy they were like a golden pillow! The sweetness of the butterscotch and the saltiness of the pretzels and sea salt are a combo-a-la-perfecto! 

Pretzel Butterscotch Brownies
{a Sophie original}

2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sea salt
 {or regular salt… Whatever floats your boat.}
1 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. butterscotch chips
2 c. pretzels, chopped

Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Beat the butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs. Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the butterscotch chips and 1 1/2 c. of the pretzels. Press the batter into a greased 9x9 baking pan. Top it off with the rest of the chopped pretzels. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. A little sign to know when they're done is when you can smell all the goodness comin' from the oven! Enjoy! :)

P.S. Since we're going to Victoria Falls on Friday, I won't be blogging. But I'll be back on Wednesday… So keep your eyeballs peeled! :)


Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. These look great Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE sweet + salty. Pretzels in desserts are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhggg I just swore off sweets butt I love butterscotch and I love sweet and salty combos, we'll see how long I stave off the temptation of baking these. Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! hahaha you mayyyyyy just have to make them ;) And thank you!

      Delete
  4. This looks like a delicious combination. I have never tried making blondies before. But this recipe is tempting.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should make them! They won't disappoint! ;)

      Delete
  5. Hi! I found you from the blog hop! Please follow back when you have a chance! Have a great week! http://mjsproductreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! I'm off to go check out your blog now! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  6. Looks really good! I will try making them.

    Dropping in from the blog hop. I hope you can drop by our blog as well. We are 4 friends who share a passion for crafting.

    http://craftmatesetc.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should make them! They're AMAZING! I'm off to go check of your blog! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. Sophie, you are something else! I am getting hooked on your blog and these delicious treats. The pictures are perfect...but I bet my attempts will not produce such great looking goodies. I am definitely trying these. Love to the whole family. How was VF???

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these today but I used chocolate chips, pretzels and peanut butter cups. They are delicious but mine never seemed to get done in the middle of the pan. They definitely weren't done after 12-15 minutes. Just wondering if they are supposed to be gooey in the middle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!