7.27.2012

Coconut Oatmeal Scotchies


I LOVE oatmeal scotchies. Especially the ones with the crispy edges and the chewy middles.

Oh my gosh.

Since butterscotch and coconut go together so well, I decided to throw some coconut into these oatmeal scotchies, and change up just a few other things because I love you.

I ALSO love these cookies, by the way.

Hope there's no jealousy goin' on derrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh and I forgot to include an important detail. They're freaking ADDICTING!

Lock up your bikinis, people. It's just not gonna happen.

So sorry.

But I'm really not.


These beauties are perfectly chewy yet soft, with chunks of butterscotch and flecks of coconut in every scrum-diddly-umptious bite. 



Coconut Oatmeal Scotchies
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c.(2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. quick or old-fashioned oats
1/3 c. shredded coconut
1 c. butterscotch chips

In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs. Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined. Fold in the oats, shredded coconut, and butterscotch chips. Mix until combined. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1-2 hours. When the dough is finished refrigerating, preheat the oven to 375ºF. On a greased cookie sheet, drop the dough by tablespoonfuls. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, did you say COCONUT Oatmeal Scotchies? I'm pretty sure you did, and I'm pretty sure that makes this the BEST cookie EVER. I'm a coconut fuhreeeeak and oatmeal scotchies are one of my fave cookies! These look awesome, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited to bake these but need to know how many one recipe will yield. I need to bake 6 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange party. Can you give me a rough idea?? Thanks in advance...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!