7.15.2012

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins


 I made muffins for you. On a Saturday of course.

Actually, I made them for the girl's bible study. But they were a no-show.

Now what am I going to do with 2 dozen addicting muffins sitting on the counter? Eat them.

Let's get fat together.

I got up at 7:30 in the morning for these babies.

My plan was to get up, workout, shower and get ready, and make muffins all before 10. 

But the girls didn't show up. BOOOOOOOO. I could have slept like an angel for another 5 hours. 

Life goes on. 



This glaze… Oh this glaze. 

It's amazeballs. 

You're most likely going to want to dip your head in it, or take a bath in it's lemony goodness. 

I was like yay-close to just pouring the remainders down my throat.

Self control people, self control. Says the one who eats half a pan of bars. 

Do as say, not as I do.


Oh yah, I guess the muffins are good too.

I take that back… They're GERRRRRRRRRRRR-EAT!

And they have yogurt in them… HEALTHY muffins!

Kind of.

Not really?

Who cares, they're delicious.

And just to warn you. They're addicting. And sticky. And lemony.

And they get all moist when that glaze {you know. the one you'll want to bathe in? Yah that one.} soaks in.

Oh heaven.


Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
3 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. poppy seeds
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 c. plain yogurt {I used greek}
zest of 2 small lemons
juice of a lemon
lemon glaze {recipe follows}

Prepare a muffin tin and preheat oven to 375ºF. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar, beating until fluffy. Add in the eggs. Mix in the yogurt until  smooth. Add in the lemon zest and lemon juice. 

Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 with the batter. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. After a few minutes, remove from muffin tin. 

Once the muffins have cooled, drizzle with the lemon glaze. 

Lemon Glaze
2/3 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tbsp. milk
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar

In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. Drizzle over the lemon poppyseed muffins. 


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I reeeeallllly want that glaze! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so tasty! I wish I had one now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! And I need some right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those muffins look so amazing. Coming over from Scrumptious Sunday and I'd love it if you link this recipe up with Piquant Potluck @Quickasianrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, you have me convinced I need some glaze to bathe in:-) The muffins look incredible...I love when a yummy glaze soaks into the muffin!! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been featured at Wednesday Whatsits! Thanks for sharing. Stop by and grab a button.
    http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/07/wednesday-whatsits-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noommmmmmmm. Just discovered your blog and am sharing all over Pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!