8.26.2012

{no bake} Honey & Oat Cereal Peanut Butter Bars


I'm happy to say, I'm pretty sure I'm getting over this cold slash flu slash weird African sickness slash I don't know what. 

Although I really hate when I wake up in the morning with a dry throat and a crusty nose like a 2 year 
old. Gross.

And it'd be just dandy if I was a tea-drinker, but in all honesty, I hate tea. With a burning passion in my soul. 

Seriously, last time I drank it I nearly barfed. I'll stick to hot cocoa, coffee, and hot apple cider, thankyamuch. 

 

I'm REALLYYYYY hoping I'll be well enough to run tomorrow morning. And if I want to, I need to get at it early because, guys… it's getting quite hot now. We've been spoiled since we've arrived here with chilly mornings and days with spring-like weather. 

It's ending now. And then I'm going to die of a heat stroke because I can no longer run at 9 or 10 am. 

WHYYYYYYY? OH WHYYYYYYY? 


Anyways. All that being said about this stupid hot weather, I'll be whipping out some more no-bake recipes. I know it's a little late for you people, but just read along, drool, bookmark, and pull 'em out when needed. 



At first, I was thinking about calling these no bake peanut butter cookie dough bars. Because at one point, they were like LEGIT peanut butter cookie dough. 

Then my mom told me to add some of this Honey & Oat Special K stuff we had sitting around. 

I did. 

She tasted one and said it needed some more.

But I liked it, so I left it alone. {love you, mom!}

Then after reading in my room, I walked out into the kitchen and she was sitting there pressing more cereal into the dough. 

And that my friends, is the story of how peanut butter cookie dough bars turned into Honey & Oat Cereal Peanut Butter Bars.

So glad we had this conversation. 


{no bake} Honey & Oat Peanut Butter Bars
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. milk
1 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 c. oats
1 c. flour
1 c. salted peanuts
1 3/4 c. Honey & Oats cereal

In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and milk. Stir until smooth. Add in the oats, powdered sugar, flour, peanuts, and cereal. Press the dough into a 9x13 pan. Refrigerate for at least two hours {the longer the better.} Cut into squares. 


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Oh geez, those look so yummy! I want an entire pan for breakfast... that qualifies as health food, right?? PS, sorry about the heat stroke thing--seriously, we are just now FINALLY getting nice mornings and afternoons without dying by 9am. I hope it goes by quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, okay, you just made me hungry. which isn't good, since I just ate. ;) this looks SO yummy! thanks for the recipe! and I hope you get better soon, Sophie! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have that cereal here but I will use something similar. YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!