11.10.2012

Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies


Chocolate chip cookies are definitely one of my absolute FAVES! A buttery, chewy cookie, studded with pretty little chips of chocolate are just the way I like 'em. My aunt make some of the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever. Actually, no. They're not some of the best. They're THE best! They always turn out thin and chewy with a little extra kick of salt. And that extra kick of salt really brings out the flavor of the chocolate chips. These cookies are absolutely no exception. And if I do say so myself, they came out pretty dang close to my aunt's famous cookies. 



I actually only made SOMEEEE of these into cookies. 11 to be exact… Just 'cuz I felt lazy. Solution? Shove the rest of the dough into a round cake pan! Laziness at it's finest, indeed. I actually brought these to a party and knew I just HAD to bake something. Of course, 11 cookies wouldn't be enough for 8 people, 5 of which are boys that could probably eat a whole batch of cookies by themselves. BRING ON THE COOKIE PIE! Everyone LOVED these and they were gone within minutes. No joke. When I asked if they were better than Wednesday's goodies, I got a reply of "They're better than ANYTHING!" What now.


These cookies were super soft and chewy thanks to the good amount of butter and dark brown sugar. They're really nothing fancy. BUT they get a little extra something-something from the sea salt. YUM!!! When everyone was "sampling" my cookies last night, I was asked "Is that salt?" Yup. There's just the right amount to let you know it's there. 

Delish. 

Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. dark brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sea salt
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a baking sheet. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add in the vanilla and eggs. Mix until smooth. Add the flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Fold in the chocolate chips. Roll dough into balls and drop on your greased baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before moving to a wire rack. 


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. this is torture... why haven't they made technology so that I could reach through the screen and grab the delicious cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are in the oven as we speak! Excited to try them out! I made your fudgey milk chocolate frosting the other day.. OMG best frosting I've ever had! Absolutely LOVE your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!