12.03.2012

Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies


Ugh. You guys… I think I've lost it. IT being my blogging mojo. I don't know WHAT it is. Maybe you guys have been able to tell lately, but I feel like I have no motivation to write. to bake. to come up with recipes. to eat all that sugar. It kinda sucks. Awhile ago, I realized something. I'm prettyyyyyy sure that baking was my way of coping with the move and all the stress. Now that I feel like I'm at home, I feel no need to bake. I'm being totally honest here… If it was up to me, I probably wouldn't even bake more than once a week. BUT since I have some awesome readers who love sugar, I trudge through it.

 

Also, the fact that I can't get my hands on pumpkin, molasses, candy canes, cookie butter, mint extract, fresh cranberries, and all that good stuff kinda ways down on me. Like I'm totally out of the blogging loop and only have a few things that I make. Don't tell me you guys aren't totally bored out of your minds from muffins and oatmeal cookies…  I'm a broken record. 

And let's keep that trend going, shall we? 

Super chewy, yet thick oatmeal cookies, dressed up with some raisins, peanuts, and shredded coconut. And since I used whole wheat flour and oats, these cookies basically count as health food. Right? Right. 


Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies
yields about 2 dozen cookies

3/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. dark brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. wholewheat flour
2 1/2 c. oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. shredded coconut
3/4 c. peanut + raisin mix

In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Add in the flour, oats, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix until smooth. Fold in the peanuts, raisins, and coconut. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight. When the dough is done chilling, preheat oven to 350º and grease a cookie sheet. Roll dough into balls and press down slightly. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before moving to a wire rack. 


Cookies… they fix everything. 


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to hear that you feel at home there now. Keep your chin up and if taking a break from blogging and baking is what you need to do, then don't feel any remorse over it. You need to do what is best for you and your family now. But I am good with healthy oatmeal cookies any day:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!