8.24.2013

fudgey double chocolate brownies with peanut butter cookies 'n cream frosting


I typically only make rich, indulgent desserts when there are other people that are gonna eat it. I enjoy making other people fat, but put spinach in my smoothies every morning. 

Riddle me that one.

It's even better when said rich, indulgent dessert is made for three teenage boys. That way I am guaranteed no leftovers. 

No leftovers means I don't have the temptation to stand at the fridge with the door open, digging into a pan of brownies with a fork. 

Hey, it happens. At least I'm willing to admit it. 

I love when I bake something and it's gone in minutes. Because A) that means it was good. and B) I don't have to wait to get rid of leftovers and can bake something again!

Moooooore sugaaaaaaar fooo yooo faaaace.


SO let's talk. About brownies, cuz DUHHH. 

These brownies are my fave recipe. I've made them multiple times and have memorized the recipe. True love right derrrrr. 

I actually made these same brownies the other day and trashed them up with cherry baking chips. Note to self- I don't care what the package says, those things are far from cherry. They smelled like lip smackers. 

Don't you love lip smacker flavored brownies? Yahhhnoooo. 

GRODYYYY.

Chapstick flavor aside, these brownies are pretty bomb. Simple, fudgey, and moist. Yah, I went there. MOIST. I made them again sans cherry chips and topped them off with FROSTING. Peanut butter frosting. With crushed Oreos in it. So yah. 


I was technically on a "raw diet" but my tongue somehow found its way to the spatula covered in brownie batter. And then my finger found its way into the bowl of fluffy peanut butter dreams. I mean frosting. 

BUT seriously. How the heck am I supposed to make frosting without tasting it? That's not even legal. I don't think.

Butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and oreos are kinda sorta destined for greatness, but you know what I mean. At least that's what I tell myself.

You understaaaaand me!


fudgey double chocolate brownies with peanut butter cookies 'n cream frosting

brownies: 
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. chocolate chips 

frosting: 
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. powdered sugar
10 oreos, chopped

Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a 9x13 pan; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in eggs. Add flour, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan; bake for 25-30 minutes. While brownies are cooling, prepare the frosting by combining all ingredients until smooth. Add more powdered sugar or milk as needed. Once brownies are completely cooled, spread frosting evenly. 


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I have no words. This just makes me so happy! Oreos and brownies--it's like a perfect storm of awesome :) Definitely pinning!

    Amy | Club Narwhal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!