10.03.2013

XXL dark chocolate & sea salt brownie cookie


So I'm kinda on this chocolate kick lately… Exceeeeept when am I not on a chocolate kick? Hi, my name is Sophie and I am addicted to Lindt 70% cocoa dark chocolate. {Hiiiii, Sooooophiieeeee.} No but really. This is getting out of hand. Looking back, I just realized there hasn't been a day in the last- oh, I don't know- EVER, that I haven't had chocolate in some way shape or form. It's a crazy love for the stuff. A yearning. A desire as strong as Channing Tatum's abs. A BURNING PASSION IN MY SOOOOOUL. 

I'll stop. 



I've come to the mature decision to feed this obsession in a good, healthy way. Although if you ask me, chocolate is pretty healthy in and of itself. It's just probably not very good if you go and eat the whole bar of chocolate, batch of brownies, pint of ice cream… You get my gist. I'll admit. I basically eat chocolate in every single way possible. In my oatmeal? Dunnniiitttt. Definitely not a bad idea, if you're wondering. Smoothies? Check. Healthy brownies? Shooosh yahhhh. Eaten the whole dang pan, in fact! But let's not go there. 

AND NOW. COOKIES. Actually, cookiEEEEE. Just for you and your pretty little chocolate loving face. 

This cookie is kind of sort of a freaking SUCCCCESSSS. I've tried making a healthy single serving cookie before and oh my gross, you guys. So did not work. That experience kind of scarred me for life and I was hesitant about trying out a new recipe. Thank heavens I did though. I basically saved all of humanity with this cookie. {things get baaaaad if I don't satisfy my cravings fast.}


This cookie is going to blow your mind. It's soft and chewy AND CHOCOLATEY. So much chocolate. So much happiness. GET EXCITED. The cookie itself is like a little hunk 'a fudgalicious brownie. And if that couldn't get any better, I pressed some of my beloved 70% on the top. And if THAT couldn't get any better… Sea salt. This is just pure chocolatey, fudgey greatness made JUST for you in a matter of minutes. 

It's actually healthy too. I know, weird huh? WHOOODA THUUUUNKED IT? It's dairy-free, gluten-free, and processed sugar free. Which MEANS. You can eat it for breakfast. With a cup of hot coffee? Oh my gosh, that is like. Heaven. Like suddenly, all is right in the world while you dip your fudgey cookie in a ginormous mug of coffee. 


No more werrrrrrds.

…… Except I do have a few more. My sincerest apologies.
You know that song "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran? I am making a parody… Caaaaaalled. {drumroll please.} "Give Me Fudge". Give me FUUUUUUUUHHUUUUDGE… Hmmmm myyy myyyuhhhh hmmm myyyyyy myuuhhh. Give me fuuuuuuudgeeeeee. I sure hope you've heard that song before because otherwise, you're totally thinking I'm a fool right now. And you would be correct. 

Ok, thanks for listening! Now go make yerrrsehhhlf a cookie.


XXL dark chocolate & sea salt brownie cookie

1 egg
1 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. nut butter {I used peanut butter. duh.}
dash of vanilla
2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
1/4 c. gluten-free flour
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of sea salt
1 square 70% cocoa dark chocolate, roughly chopped

Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine egg, coconut oil, nut butter, vanilla, and maple syrup. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and form into a disk. Press dark chocolate chunks onto the top of the cookie and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes. 


Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Ok, this is probably a dumb question, but can you use regular flour instead of gluten free?! I found lots of info subbing vice versa, but just wondering if I'm not avoiding gluten ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes of course you can! Hope you give it a try :)

      Delete
  2. Mmm, this looks so good Sophie! These photos are amazing and leave me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have the modified recipe for 1-2 dozen? I would like to make more than one with a family of five...

    Thanks...
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pancake mix for the GF flour (and skipped the baking powder). I noticed the mix was more like a batter so I added another 2T of pancake mix. I poured it into a parchment paper-lined mini loaf pan. It was done after 12 minutes.

    Even though it wasn't the cookie I'd planned, it made a delightful, chocolatey cake that was light and had great flavor. No one would ever know it was gluten free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. I wonder why it turned out so differently. It may have been because the gluten-free pancake mix had added leavening agents that changed up the texture. Either way, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  5. is there a substitute for coconut oil i can use ? What about olive oil, or apple sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  6. At almost 700 calories and 40 grams of fat, this is hardly a healthy cookie. It may be dairy-free, gluten-free, and processed sugar free but healthy it is not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by consuming Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More of a cake than a cookie, I would suggest cutting back on the flour a little bit, and adding more coconut oil

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Post!!! Dark Chocolate Bark is a foolproof healthy dessert for Valentine's Day and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is a must-read for anyone interested in staying current on this subject. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge with us! I would also urge that you read the most recent CPS Test post. I like how this plugin is entirely free. It's a high-quality tool that gives users a lot of value.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!