5.13.2011

Lemon poppyseed bread, vanilla glaze, and cute greeting cards!

So, it's been a long time since I have posted! (yes... I think three days without blogging is long enough!) But, blogger had their website "under construction" all day yesterday and I was busy the other two days... Here is my blog that was very much anticipated (at least by me!)


Lemon Poppyseed Bread
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1/2 c. melted butter
1 tbsp. lemon extract/lemon juice
3 tbsp. poppyseeds
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt


Combine sugar and eggs. Mix in milk, butter and lemon extract/juice. Add poppyseeds. Slowly add flour, baking powder, bking soda, and salt. Mix well. Put in greased bread pan. Bake at 350ºF for one hour (it only took me 1/2 hr.) or until golden yellow.


Vanilla Glaze
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. butter, softened
3-4 tbsp. milk/heavy cream


In a bowl, combine ingredients until it is the consistency of a glaze. Great for use of glazing cakes, breads, coffee cakes, and pastries. 


The vanilla glaze totally made the bread! MMMMM... It was so yummy! I definitely suggest making this bread because it was super easy, quick, and most importantly; DEEEEEEE-LICIOUS!



 Here's some pics of some cute greeting cards I made the other day... I was bored and feeling crafty! ;) The cards were left blank inside so I could use them for any occasion. You can make them with any spare scraps of scrapbook paper and cardstock, buttons, ribbon, jewels, and whatever else you can find around the house! 



Aren't these amazingly cute?! As you can probably tell, I had lots of fun with this and getting creative! 

Well I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my creative day I had yesterday!(: And...

Bon Appetite!
-Sophie






Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!