5.17.2011

Recipes: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today, I was in the mood for some DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, and was searching the internet for a recipe... Here is the recipe I found from www.cooks.com. ("Cooks.com" is a website that has a recipe for probably every single thing imaginable for both cooking and baking. I use the website for most of my blogging recipes.) 


Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 3/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 c. softened butter (I used shortening)
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
2 tbsp. milk
1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. chocolate chips


Combine flour and soda. In another bowl, cream together until fluffy the butter, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk in egg. Stir in cocoa and milk. Fold in flour mixture, nuts, and chocolate chips. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake about 12 minutes at 350ºF. Cool before removing from sheet.






Okay, so they look good right? Well, just as I was typing up the ingredients, I realized I missed not only one "small" thing but actually a few!... I forgot the milk (until the second batch) and until now, a very important element, the baking soda, as well as the salt. I must have had a weird blood sugar or something, but I am sure that at one point or another, every good baker makes mistakes... And I just made a big one! :P I guess I'll just have to bake them again (later) and show you how they look when they include all the required ingredients. They still tasted GREAT though! 

Until my next baking experience, my dear blogging friends...

Bon Appetite!
-The very irritated, Sophie
:)




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!