6.02.2011

Apology, Snickerdoodles, and Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dear readers,
                      I am deeply sorry about the long gap between my last blog post and this one... I was on a trip to Colorado last week and was busy the days leading up to when we left, hence the lack of blogs! While I was taking that temporary "break" from blogging, I had baked banana bread (you already have that recipe) and snickerdoodles (which I will share with you in a moment!) But when I was away, I was in deep longing for my kitchen and the wonderful scents it brings when I bake. So yesterday, the first day home, I baked some Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies which I brought to a youth group cook-out last night... I came home with a cookie-less plate! The recipe is super easy and doesn't require many ingredients. So here I am, back in business and ready to bake! Enjoy the recipes and pictures!

Snickerdoodles
1 c. Shortening
1 1/2 c. White Sugar
2 Eggs
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tbsp. White Sugar
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375ºF 
In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and 1 1/2 c. sugar. Stir in the eggs. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tbsp. sugar, and the cinnamon. Roll dough into walnut sized balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar. Place them onto an unprepared cookie sheet, two inches apart. 
Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be slightly brown. Remove from sheets to cool on wire racks.


Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (1/2 c. regular chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350ºF.  
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray) and set aside. Combine peanut butter and sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes.  Add egg, baking soda, and vanilla and mix for another 2 minutes.  By hand, mix in mini chocolate chips.  Roll into teaspoon sized balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 7-8 minutes, until they look dry and lightened in color.  Let cook on baking sheet for a minute.  Carefully press each cookie down with a fork.  Continue to cool on baking sheet for an additional two minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.






Snickerdoodles





Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies










Bon Appetite!
-Sophie









Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!