2.05.2012

We're here!

Sorry I haven't been able to blog for awhile! We've been so busy here in Kenya and when I was finally able to get around to it the internet decided to stop working! haha ;)

We got here on Friday night at about 11:00/11:30 pm. We're staying at a guest house where many of the other missionaries are staying as well. The weather has been around the 80's... Not super hot, but when you're come from Minnesota,  it's a shock, although we're getting used to it now(:

On Saturday we walked to Nakumats which is there version of a Wal*Mart... I found some Herbal Essence conditioner which for some reason made my day that I was able to find it there! It's the little things in life... :) I noticed that the culture here is very different! In so many ways I can't even list....

Every afternoon at 3:00 we have tea time! In the dining room, they set out coffee, chai, and treats for us to snack on... My favorite was the mandasi... It's kind of like a donut in the shape of a triangle... I would love to have one right now! :)

Yesterday, we went to the church that was right next door to where we're staying... Most of it was a worship service, and some of the songs they sang in their language, Swahili. And I don't know any Swahili except for "Jambo" which means hello. haha(: They had a cool market going on as well but I didn't go... My dad did and he got me an awesome bracelet(:

I'm having way more fun than I thought here... We've been playing soccer with some of the kids that live around here with a deflated basketball, but when my dad went to the market he got us a soccer ball to leave at the house of the kids to use. We've also been playing at a park outside and also TONS of card games with the other missionary kids... :) Although I love it here SO much, I'm happy this isn't the place where we will be living... because Namibia is going to be more "westernized"... I can't wait to get there and set up our house and put all my decorations in my new room!

I'm I was finally able to blog about it(: And don't worry- pictures shall be arriving soon!



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you are having fun and such an adventure!! And yes cannot wait for pictures :P Have a great day and I'm praying for you! Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's shocking news in the sports betting world.

    It's been said that every bettor needs to look at this,

    Watch this or quit placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!