3.30.2012

Happy Friday! {randomness and March Recipe Round-Up!}

Hi everyone! 

It's Friday!!!! Time to celebrate! haha :) 
I hope y'all had a great week! I know I have! 

Also, I wanted to share with you something... 
BECAUSE
today is a very special day for me. 3 years ago from THIS DAY,
my life was changed. Why you may ask? Well let me tell you! 
I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I remember I had lost
about 25 lbs. in a month while I still ate a lot! So I was brought to
the doctor, and they did some tests, and then I was told I had diabetes
and I had to go to Children's Hospital downtown Minneapolis 
to get things figured out. Let me tell you, those were
the worst 4 days of my life! But no worries! I have things all under
control now... 
If I could go back in time would I be "un-diagnosed"???
Actually, as surprising as it sounds, NOPE!
I got stronger physically, emotionally, and spiritually through the whole thing!
I learned how to eat better, give myself injections {scary I know!}, but
I also grew up in my faith, learning to depend on God for everything... 
The big things and even the teeny-tiny things!
I thought this was funny- like the other night I was praying
my brains out for more followers, and more links for the party...
The next morning when I woke up I had 2 more followers and links 
to the party! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?! Very. 
I also get asked this VERY OFTEN so I'm just going to answer it for
you. Yes I can eat sugar. 
Obviously... Have you seen my blog?! I LOVE THAT STUFF!!;)

I'm working on some Top-Secret blog things I'm super-duper
excited to share with you whenever they're done! EEK! 
I wanted to let you know my link party numero uno is extended
until April 4th {my 14th birthday!!!} so you have some 
extra time to link up some more yumminess and creativeness!

I was thinkin'... In case you missed some recipes from this month,
I'm going to share them with you! I'm callin' this... A Recipe Round-Up! :)








Have an awesome weekend everyone!
Much love,
Sophie


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. wow!! That's amazing!! (: thanks for being honest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my! my sister was diagnosed with Type 1 4-5 weeks ago. We were on a trip in Oregon and miles away from Colorado. She had lost 36 lb. by the time she was in the hospital. She was going unconscious and we had her into the ER just in time. Then she had to be life flighted to Portland about 2 hours drive from where we were. It was quite the experience. And last night I gave her a shot for the first time, eek. But, we just have to rely on God, he is so faithful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!