5.09.2012

Apple Pie Muffins


I made these this morning {before I was even dressed and ready for the day… Yes,
I'm that devoted to my baking. ;)}
when my mom said she "could go for a muffin right now"…
Boy, did I have just the right thing! 


These muffins are all kinds of deliciousness. For reals. 
It's like a little apple pie in a muffin… Hence the name! hahaha:) 



My preference was to cut the apple in big pieces, so 
there's chunks of appley-goodness in every bite. YUMMER! 

Oh and beware. They're kinda super addicting… 
Don't say I didn't warn you. :)

I love having stuff like this just laying around in the kitchen to nibble 
on whenever I'm in there…Which is pretty much all day. 
I don't know if thats good or bad? 

Maybe all those single serving recipes actually are a little healthier… :) 

Apple Pie Muffins

2 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice {I used cinnamon}
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. brown sugar 
2 c. peeled Granny Smiths {I used 3 apples}

And of course you'll have to have some topping…
It really gives it that "pie" effect! 

Topping:
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/4 c. oats
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 tbsp. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350ºF and prepare 12 muffin cups. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar. Pour mixtures together until combined. Gently fold in apples and pour into muffin cups. In a small bowl, make topping and sprinkle over muffins. Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.

Bon Appetite!

OH OH OH OH! Be sure to stop
by this week's PARTYAYYYY!


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, those do look good! I bet they would be a hit at my house...
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, I love apple pie and I love muffins, especially with a topping. What a perfect combination. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM. Those sound amazing. Apple Pie anything is good with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOh! Those look so yummy! We can't wait to try those babies! Thanks for sharing your ideas on "Strut Your Stuff" Saturday! We hope to see you again! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you melt the butter in the batter part? I was just using a spoon to mix it all up, and my "softened" butter was a little hard to incorporate. Also, I baked it in an 11x7 dish for about 45 minutes, and it came out delish! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!