5.21.2012

Single Serving Apple Crisp


MMMM… Who doesn't like a nice hot apple crisp on a cold
African morning? Never thought you'd here cold and African in the same sentence, huh? 
Me neither until we got here… The morning get pretty chilly! 40's-50's for sure. Great
sweatshirt and fuzzy socks weather;) 



I forced my self to run this morning… You know, it's really not easy
getting out of bed when you- for some odd reason, wake up at 6:15 
and you hear the pretty little birdies outside your window singing their little songs
and it's super cold. But I did it. And I felt really good after I ran. It's just the
getting-out-the-door part that nearly kills me.
So after I took my shower and got all freshened up, I decided to reward myself with
a somewhat healthy and stinking delicious breakfast. 


The recipe that I used actually said to put it in the oven for 30 minutes…
I was like "YAH RIGHT!" so I decided to microwave it instead, and it worked
perfectly perfect. 

P.S. How ADORABLE is that little "Le Creuset" wanna-be? I got that
at one of my favorite stores "Mr. Price"… Let me tell you, that store is a little
bit of heaven for me. When you walk in there you most definitely would have 
no idea you were in Africa. The store is filled with loads of cute bedding {I got most of the
things that are in my room from there}, other house stuff, and lots and lots of dishes. 
I got A LOT there for only about $15! :) 

Talk about getting side-tracked…
APPLE CRISP!
Ahh it was so good! When I set it down and took the lid off, it 
filled my room with the most amazing aroma ever. 
Apple-y, cinnamon-y, caramel-y goodness! 

Single Serving Apple Crisp

1 small apple
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. oats
1 1/2 tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. butter

Thinly slice the apple and place in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tbsp. brown sugar, 1/2 tbsp. flour, and 1/8 tsp. cinnamon. Coat the apples with the dry ingredients and place in a small baking dish. Mix together the rest of the dry ingredients and the butter; put on top of the apples. Microwave for 60-90 seconds. 



I noticed I've gotten a few new followers {EEEK! So close to 100!!!} 
And I'd like to thank you all for coming on over! Learn a little bit more about The Baker! 
I'm so excited to get to know y'all! 

Have a lovely day! 
-Sophie 


Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. apple crisp is my husband and my FAVORITE! i can't wait to try this out!!!!! found your blog via the bloghop xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun, you turned a true classic into a single serve microwave dish! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic. I love that it is a single serving and that you can make it in the microwave. I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-8.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm your apple crisp looks delicious! One of my favorite desserts, especially in the fall! I have little individual serving dishes like that too, it's so fun to serve it to guests like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I’ve started My Sweet Party, where I every month host a party with a theme (MAY theme is CHOCOLATE). The party is ongoing the entire duration of the month and then I will choose my top three favourites and feture those blogs. I would LOVE you to join My Sweet Party!

    The last day to link up for May is the 31st of May.

    http://meandmysweets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-sweet-party-chocolate-cake-love.html

    XXX
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this single serving thingy you have going on. Who knew an awesome little apple crisp would be so easy! Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. I will be watching and listening:) See you on Friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made this and OMG it was AMAZING!! I will be eating this for breakfast regularly. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a little skeptical at first. But I tried it since apple crisp is one of my fall favorites. Making a full apple crisp can be a little tedious...so I thought, what the heck? I'll give it a shot. I'm so glad I did. I'm definitely trying the other single-serve recipes soon! Keep on baking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is delicious! My first success at a microwave recipe! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog has made it to my "favorite blogs" list because of so many single serving recipes! I love it! I tried this one last week and I make it everyday since then. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just made this! So yummy. Popped it in the oven though just to get that extra crispiness, maybe one day if I'm short for time I'll try the microwave version.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made this for breakfast this morning. It's so good! The oat mixture is so rich and caramel-y tasting! YUM! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm kind of in love with your blog. Feel free to check out mine. <3 Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe I can serve this in bed to my parents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just made this...WHOA!!!!!! Exceeded my taste bud's expectations. Halfway through, savoring every delicious bite. This is SOOO GOOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is this microwaved covered or uncovered?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!