5.20.2012

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls


Sorry for the not-so awesome picture… My dad was gone overnight and he
took the good camera with him. I had to use my junky little one. Oh well! Maybe
I'll have to make these DELICIOUS wonders again so I can get some good 
pictures.

We decided that we all wanted to stay home and lay low today…
So last night, I made these and popped them in the freezer so I wouldn't 
have to do all the work in the morning- just throw 'em {not really!} in the oven in the morning!
Because seriously… I do not like doing any big baking in the 
morning right when I get up for breakfast… UNLESS it's one of 
my favorite single serving recipes that are such a breeze to whip up! 

One thing that I LOVED was that these cinnamon rolls didn't
even have yeast in them! And you couldn't even tell
that you didn't have to sit and watch your glob of dough
rise for an hour and a half… How awesome is that? 
Very! 

So I strongly suggest makin' these next time you 
want a semi-quick, easy, and amazingly scrumptious breakfast!

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls {yeast-free}

Rolls:

2 1/2 c. flour
2 tbsp. white sugar
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. buttermilk
6 tbsp. butter, melted and divided

Cinnamon Filling:

3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously coat a round cake pan with cooking spray. 

Make the filling: Combine the brown sugar, 1/4 c. sugar, cinnamon, salt, and 1 tbsp. melted butter until the mixture resembles wet sand. 

Make the dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 2 tbsp. white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk and 2 tbsp. of the melted butter. 

Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until absorbed, about 30 seconds. The dough should look shaggy. 

Turn the dough onto a generously floured counter and kneed until smooth, about 1 minute. 

Press the dough into a 9 by 13 inch rectangle using your hands.

Brush the dough with 2 tbsp. melted butter. Sprinkle the dough evenly with the filling, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Press the filling firmly into the dough.

Starting at a long side, roll the dough, pressing lightly, to form a tight log.

Pinch the seam to seal. Slice the dough into 8 even pieces. 

Place the slices in the greased pan.

Brush with the remaining 2 tbsp. of melted butter. Bake until the edges are brown, 20-25 minutes. 

After the rolls had cooled, I topped it with some glaze {milk, powdered sugar, and some vanilla}.

Serve warm!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!


-Sophie


Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. You are the cutest! Found you thru blog hopping At the Picket Fence. I am following and shared you on my facebook page! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha:) Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm glad to have you as a follower! Hope you find some yumminess you like;) And thanks for sharing my blog and linking up to my party! Have a blessed week!
      -Sophie

      Delete
  2. Coming over from the blog hop. Those look so good. I have to try them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE cinnamon rolls and those look amazing! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade cinnamon rolls are my happy place! I am visiting from Thee Blog Hop and I am a new follower! I hope you will drop by http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this recipe. Yeast kinds scares me. Visiting from LLR blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that these are yeast free! And they look delicious! We're going to have to try these soon! Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday. Hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you can make these the night before and then just "throw" them into the oven in the morning! Any thing to make the morning routine much easier is always a plus!!! Thank you so much for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Post.
    Thank you for sharing information.
    https://www.ayurveda.org/
    https://www.ayurveda.org/rejuvenation-and-anti-stress

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!