6.01.2012

Guest Blogger Friday {#2} : Balsamic Chocolate Truffles

Good morning everyone! It's FRIDAY! Hallelujah. I love Fridays! Wanna know why? Well one, it's the last day of school for the week, and two, we have a guest blogger! I'm so excited to share my real life friend with you! Julia is so sweet and she just started her own little food blog! And so far, it's great! Be sure to stop by and leave a comment or even better, follow! You won't regret it:) 
Take it away, Julia! 

Hi! I’m Julia from{Whisk You Away…}! First of all, I want to acknowledge how grateful I am to Sophie and how honored I am that she invited me to post over here at her exceptional blog today :) I am ecstatic, as this is my first experience guestposting – Here Goes!


This is me! I am a 12 year old homeschooled girl adopted from Korea, living in Minnesota, and trying to live my life for the Lord's glory. As a child, you could expect to find me in the kitchen, pretending to have my own cooking show. In addition to my love of blogging and baking, I also enjoy ballet, photography, rain, walks, and France. I created Whisk You Away… this previous March, because I loved the idea of being able to jot down my findings as a foodie and other ideas and creations. My blog is Christian-based, and is where I share my repertoire of recipes, personal and in-the-kitchen experiences, and photographs. My goal for Whisk You Away is that in some small way, it would spread God's Word and everlasting love. Please drop in for a peek – I would love having you as a follower! Now, I wasn't about to say adieu before sharing with you a mouthwatering, special, sweet treat! These incredibly simple, yet fantastically flavorful truffles are a favorite of my family and friends! They will blow your mind. Bon Appetit!


Balsamic Chocolate Truffles
 8 ½ ounces dark chocolate, chopped
 ¼ cup heavy cream or half-and-half 
 1 tablespoon balsamicvinegar 
 ½ cup cocoa powder 

 Melt the chocolateand heavy cream in a double boiler* over hot but not simmering water. Place melted chocolate in a small bowl. Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Cool the chocolate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or more, until firm, but moldable. Usea teaspoon to scoop out chocolate. Use your fingertips to shape into balls about the size of a cherry. Set the chocolate balls on a parchment-lined trayor plate. Place the cocoa powder in a small, shallow dish. Place truffles oneat a time in the cocoa powder and roll around to coat. Then return the coated truffles to the tray or plate. Continue with remaining truffles. Place them in a serving dish or airtight package. *Not everyone has double boilers, right?! Well, making your own “double boiler” will suffice just as well! In this particular recipe, simply place a heat-proof bowl over a pot of hot water. Just make sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. 

 Well, that about wraps it all up! Thank you so very much, Sophie, for having me and I hope that y'all enjoyed my time here! I'd be ecstatic to hear from you! Blessings! ~Julia


Whisk Up! 


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sophie! Thank you so much for doing this :) I appreciate it greatly!

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!