9.22.2013

strawberry muffin bread



I've hardly had any time to EAT lately let alone bake something presentable, jot down recipes, take pictures, and post it on the interwebs. But hey! I did it. At first I thought this bread was gonna be a legit fail. At least looks-wise. I mean, I'm all for "Beauty is what's on the inside" and whatnot, but when it comes to food blogging, I don't care how it tastes, it's gotta look dang good. When I first looked into the oven, the batter was overflowing, forming weird little wrinkles and craters in the bread. Some would say it's ugly. I say to heck with ugly, I think it's attractive {in a I WANT TO EAT YOU kind of way.} It's now summer in these regions, and I've got jumbo, fresh, juicy strawberries up the wazoo!!! What is a wazoo anyway?? Well I got strawberries up it. And I loveeeeee it. Since finding strawberries at the grocery store isn't like finding bars of gold {or costing about that much.} anymore, I thought I'd start some berry bakin'. Fresh strawberry bread? Uh yes. The sweet, fruity, vanilla-y aromas that were lingering about like little berry fairies in the kitchen was enough to make me swoon. And salivate. Sure it looks ugly, but y'all. It tastes fresh and wonderful and just slightly sweet.


strawberry muffin bread

2 large eggs
1 c. plain yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 c. maple syrup
6 tbsp. granulated sugar {1/4 c. + 2 tbsp.}
1/2 c. oat flour
1/4 c. gluten free oats
1 1/4 c. gluten free cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. roughly chopped strawberries {about 10-12 strawberries}

Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, vanilla, maple syrup, and sugar. Add flours, oats, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir until smooth. Fold in strawberries and mix until evenly combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I love strawberry muffins! This sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that reminds of summer's strawberries that have just passed by. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, too bad strawberries are out of season now in the states! They're just getting into season here :)

      Delete
  3. This looks really good! :) Just a question, how do you decide how much baking soda or baking powder to use when making breads, cakes, and pancakes? Any tips? That seems to be where I always go wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!