1.11.2015

chocolate covered almond cookie dough bites


Sometimes I think I've got my priorities a little screwed up. Like how on most mornings, I have my first cup of coffee pulsing through my veins before I even put my glasses on, or how I waste way too much time scrolling through my Instagram feed before starting school. Or like that time (actually many times) when I went straight to the kitchen for dessert before even showering after a five mile run. Yah. Ew?

Side note: dark chocolate + run = so many endorphins. 


I've found myself baking a lot lately whenever I can find a minute to calm myself.  Most of the things I've been baking, although vegan, haven't really been super healthy. The aftermath of the holiday season has had my tastebuds getting used to sugar. I'm totally all about balance and moderation, but let's just say I've eaten my fair share of cookies. 


So in honor of the new year and getting back on track, let's eat some chocolate! Wait what? Yes! These bad boys are totally yummy and indulgent and can cure the strongest of sweet tooths (sweet teeth?) without any highly refined anything. I'll warn you, these things are dang addictive. But have no fear! They're full of good things. Healthily indulge away, my darlings! 


chocolate covered almond cookie dough bites (R, V, GF) 

3 tbsp. coconut oil, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. almond butter
2 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c. ground almonds
1/2 c. coconut flour
pinch of sea salt
1/2 c. dairy free chocolate chips 
1/4 c. raw almonds, roughly chopped 

In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, vanilla, almond butter, sweetener, and almond milk. Whisk until smooth. Add in ground almonds, coconut flour, and sea salt. Mix until well combined. Scoop and roll into balls (about 1 tbsp. each) and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Place in freezer to set about 5-10 minutes. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl (3-4 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each). Roll balls in chocolate and sprinkle with chop almonds. Place back in freezer to set another 5-10 minutes. Store in freezer. Yields 10-12 balls. 


Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. What cute little treats! Edible cookie dough sounds good to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very tasty.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. open ray ban sunglasses outlet ray ban aviator sunglasses sale australia mouth. Madman general bashing bang his spit a bone, then showing a hint of sneer meaningful. slowly like ghosts out of the small building yard in general the door, not ray ban sunglasses outlet australia the night sky in the cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses direction toward the door. ray ban sunglasses outlet australia Then ray ban sunglasses outlet australia look down, his pants still intact, but very old, and his feet are wearing a pair of shoes He took the hint of sneer,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look sooooo good. XD

    xx Nicole Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. For now, the Cardinals are the NFC’s top seed and the Lions are second, cheap asics australia followed by the Cowboys at third. But plenty is left to be settled in the final two weeks of the regular season. “asics australia sale We have two games to go and we’ve got to stay focused,” Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant said late Sunday night in the visitor’s locker room at Lincoln Financial Field. “cheap asics running shoes And that’s what it’s all about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. in this case to know what poison to know how to do asics trainers clearance it, and actually asics trainers clearance very interested in this insanity. asics trainers clearance Toxic poison. cheap asics trainers clearance This stuff really. How have. cheap heard of insanity, but not asics trainers clearance seen, I do asics trainers clearance sale not know. Shook his head and said. Oh, that son of a bitch do Zhao Bin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theese chocolate almond cookies are really mouthwatering! Can believe that they are healthy too but with all these amazing ingredient I have to :)

    End of tenancy cleaners Islington

    ReplyDelete
  8. America is incredibly fast five-year-old girl http://www.miraclemolecule.co.uk who dressed in costume, with a cartoon card, stand up ray ban outlet online straight, feet put into a pigeon, ray ban outlet online I'm sorry her name, cheap ray ban sunglasses online cheap pimple look at her intestines are like a knot. But why this person thinks really fuckin sick. cheap anxious to kick kick her death, ray ban outlet online but it put a ray ban outlet online sincere smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vu la Chaussures Nike running factory store Chaussures Nike running factory store vente montrant une pointe de déception dans les yeux. Chaussures Nike running factory store http://www.nikefreerunspascher.fr Savoir où la vente est un super-duper, il regarda sa montre Chaussures Nike running factory store attentivement immédiatement nike free run pas cher timide que je devais aider ma mère vend des kebabs, me. Pourquoi ne vous attendez pas pour moi, ma mère m'a entendu.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!! The more I read the more I realize we are kindred spirits!!! I love what you said about not counting calories but counting nutrients!! That's what I always say! "Balance and moderation" too!! Our beliefs are so simpatico!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!