11.22.2011

ACNE-BE-GONE!

For the past LONG TIME, I have struggled with oily , zitty skin... I know the feeling when your skin looks horrible and hurts so bad you don't wanna leave the house. Did you know 89% of teens, boys and girls, suffer from the same thing?! 
I am always on the lookout for good tips to get rid of acne and these are some of the best that work for me...

#1. KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF YOUR FACE!!!!
{I STRUGGLE WITH THIS ONE... :P}
Your hands and hair are home to lots of icky dirt and germs. 
I know it's tempting, but do your best to keep them away from your face
for minimal oil and dirt being transferred.

#2. DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!
Water helps flush all those yucko dirt and toxins from your skin. Try to drink 8 8oz. cups of water each and every day to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh!

#3. SWEAT AND THEN WASH YOUR FACE!!!!
Be active! Dance, run, jump, shoot some hoops, do jumping jacks, attempt to fly- whatever gets your heart rate pumpin' and increases your blood flow. That increase the oxygen to your skin cells, making your skin look boooooo-tiful! Just make sure that after you sweat, WASH IT OFF!

#4. GET RID OF THAT THING A.S.A.P.!!!!
You know the feeling when you feel like Mount Kilaminjaro is about to pop out of your cheek... 
Make sure that you zap that zip as soon as you feel it comin'! What I use is rubbing alcohol {it dries out that oozy zit} or toothpaste works great as well!

#5. KEEP IT CLEAN!!!!
Be sure to wash your face {with good 'ol soap and hot water} in the morning and before bed, taking off all your face makeup. Also, changing pillowcases is always a good idea so that dirt and dust that accumulates over time doesn't travel  to your face. 

#6. CHOOSE WISELY!!!!
Be sure that whatever makeup you choose to put on your face is oil-free, causing minimal breakouts. I know I have made that mistake many times! When I've tried using concealer to cover it up in just ends up making the blemish a zillion times worse!!!

#7. EAT HEALTHY!!!!
BAD STUFF: fatty and sugary foods, and caffeine.
GOOD STUFF: fresh fruits {smoothies}, veggies {salads}, nuts, and seeds.

#8. FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE!!!!
Sunshine increases the amount of Vitamin D in the body- an absolute essential for healthy skin. A little bit of fresh air and sunshine each day will also reduce stress and increase oxygen to the skin. 

#9. HOME REMEDIES!!!!
Last night I used lemon juice and sugar as a face scrub. Just squirt some lemon juice on a cotton ball, put some sugar on it, and scrub away all the dead skin and dirt.
I've also heard egg whites work great as well but I haven't tried it yet...!

I hope these tips help you guys! 
If you have anymore, I would love to hear them...



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!