5.12.2012

Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins {guest post}


Hello all! My name is Devi and I blog over at Diddles & Dumplings. Let me start by saying thank you to Sophie for allowing me to come over and write up a guest post on her amazing blog! I can't tell you enough how impressed I am with this girl! Her recipes both look and sound amazing! At such a young age she is already so talented and I can't wait to see where her blog takes her!

Like I mentioned, I'm Devi, and I'm a wife and mother in Central California. My daughter is finishing up Kindergarten and is going to be a first grader in no time. I don't think I'm prepared for this whole "growing up" thing, but i'm sure that with enough brownies, pie and ice cream, I might just make it through.

I often get compliments on the name of my blog, Diddles & Dumplings, but get asked the question: "What are diddles?" And  guess what? You lucky people are the first to know that Diddles, is in fact, my daughter's nickname! My husband lovingly calls her Diddles and has since she was just a wee little squishy baby in diapers. I bet you're all so relieved now that you know the true meaning behind the name! You will have no more sleepless nights, tossing and turning and trying to figure out what my blog's name could possibly mean. You're welcome!

Now, on to the recipe (which is really everyone's favorite part, right?) Since Sophie is an amazing baker, I decide to whip up something adorable, tasty and just plain awesome. I made... wait for it... Pancake Muffins! But, they're not just any old pancake muffins, oh no... these pancake muffins are served on skewers, which makes them perfect for dipping into some mapley syruppy goodness. They're the perfect breakfast food, the perfect snack food and the perfect dessert. They are the perfect little creation birthed by the perfect parents (pancakes and muffins, of course). Thank you pancake muffins, for making my life complete.


Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins Recipe:
2 cups pancake mix
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons maple syrup
*More syrup for dipping!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a mini muffin pan and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. Stir in water, milk, egg, vanilla and syrup. Mix in chocolate chips and combine well.

Fill each section of the mini muffin pan just over 1/2 full.

Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.

Place muffins on skewers and serve hot with plenty of maple syrup for dipping!

Recipe makes 36 mini muffins.

Don't those look AMAZING? And pretty dang cute too! 
I'm going to HAVE to try those! Be sure to check out my guest post on Diddles & Dumplings today
 for a yummy Mother's Day recipe for your mom… Or you! :)

-Sophie


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Devi, this look like a perfect sweet treat that would be good with or without the supper. thinking I could just grab a few from the freezer and pop them in the lunch box :)

    Sophie, I just glanced through your blog and you have so much yumminess here and I love that so many are in small sizes. Hoping that following you doesn't bring weight gain ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok- really? How adorable are these mini things... and why are MINI Anything so stinking cute!?!?! I love this! Such a great idea- the kabob- ok- rockstar- totally pinning! Love it lady!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have one quick question, is this with complete pancake mix or regular pancake mix?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!