10.17.2013

salted chocolate peanut butter cookies


Moving on is something I'm really struggling with lately. I know that some people come through our lives to stay. And some are just merely passing through for the purpose of teaching us lessons and helping us to discover ourselves. But sometimes, they meld together and look like the same. You'll think someone is there for you always {the kind that sticks around.}, but it turns out they're just one of those ones that you learn something from and you're supposed to forget and move on after they've done their time.

I'm doing my best to put this all into perspective, but sometimes when you don't have much going on for you, it's hard to take a step back and see the big picture. I'm thinking of my life as a book- there's events that come and go and characters who soon fade away into the first few chapters. As much as you loved those characters or you loved those cliff-hanging events, you have to keep reading to see what happens next, regardless of who comes and goes. If you sit there thinking about how the way things COULD have turned out, you'll simply scan over the words of the present and miss out on the next big thing.


It's so so hard to let go of a friendship I thought would be a lasting one. But things change. People change. And I know I've got to move on, but I can't stop clinging to the past and the things that used to be. This letting go has been one of the hardest things I've gone through in all my years and has been in the painful process for months. I keep feeling like I'm on the mend, but if I think of or see the littlest thing that reminds me of the way things used to be, I burst into tears. This afternoon, it was a full on lay-in-my-parents-bed-in-the-fetal-position-head-in-my-hands-sobbing-my-eyeballs out. But I know I'm supposed to be learning something about myself, about life in general. So thank you to the ones who have come and gone and taught me things. I'll keep on moving. Life goes on before and after you. 

After I had my little meltdown, I dragged myself out of bed, eyes red and puffy, and decided to make some cookies. I knew it would help- it always does. I'm thankful for friends I can talk to, peanut butter, chocolate, and chunks of sea salt. And I put them all in cookies and great things happened! Errrrr waaaaaaaait. I don't put friends in my cookies. That is one thing you will not need to run to the store and grab for this recipe. You'll need them for other things, not eating. This is getting awkward.


salted chocolate peanut butter cookies {gluten & dairy free}

3/4 c. peanut butter
2 eggs
1/3 c. + 2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/3 c. oat flour
1/2 c. gluten-free flour
1 tsp. sea salt + more for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease or line a baking sheet. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, peanut butter, and eggs until smooth. Add in cocoa, flours, and salt. Mix until evenly combined. Scoop onto prepared baking sheet. Press down slightly and spindle with sea salt. Bake for 7-10 minutes.


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. Life is constantly changing and letting go can be very difficult. Remember there are always better things to come.

    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it's the afterwards part that hurts. I've moved many, many times, and every time I think that I won't really miss anyone. Then a month or two goes by and I realize I DO miss them. A lot. Friends I had thought I'd grown out of, not-that-close friends, acquaintances... people are a huge part of our lives. Now I'm at college, pretty much transplanted into a whole new world of people, I'm really struggling with this. I see their faces everywhere, and I think about what they would say, or how they would react to something, all the time. It's a good thing there's chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many cookies does this make on average? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came here for the recipe linked here from Pinterest, but I can totally relate to your blog post regarding people that come in and out of your life be it briefly, for a season or a short while or those in our lives forever. Change is sad, but we learn and grow along the way. Recipe sounds delicious. I have all But two ingredients, so I'll Pin and save for later use. Thanks for posting. I am also wondering how many cookies this recipe yields. Please advise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having read a number of the pieces in your online journal, I am delighted with your writing style. About CPS Tester, you can find out more. Regular clicking exercises may aid to enhance cognitive performance and hand-eye coordination, according to certain research.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I think your essay is fantastic, I was hoping you would explain a little more on this subject. I would appreciate it if you could add a little more detail. I sincerely appreciate it. You can find all of the information on Kaya Scodelario Net Worth 2023 here. She rose to fame for playing Effy Stonem in the British television series "Skins," which aided in the beginning of her acting career.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!